Thank you for your interest in the ASHP Accredited Postgraduate Year 1 (PGY1) pharmacy residency program at Riverview Health. The purpose of our PGY1 pharmacy residency program is to build upon the Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) education and outcomes by contributing to the development of pharmacist practitioners with knowledge, abilities, skills, and competencies as defined in each learning experience. Residents who successfully complete our PGY1 residency program will be skilled in providing diverse patient care, practice management, leadership, and education and be prepared to seek board certification in pharmacotherapy and pursue advanced education and training opportunities including postgraduate year two (PGY2) residencies.
Our primary goal is to develop well-rounded pharmacy practitioners prepared to optimize drug therapy in patients with a wide range of conditions.
The resident will have the opportunity to become skilled in pharmacy practice areas that include but are not limited to:
- Anticoagulation / Surgery
- Critical care (adult)
- Infectious diseases
- Internal medicine
- Pharmacy administration Application deadline: January 4. 2023-2024 PGY1 Residency Applicant FAQ
By the end of the residency program, our residents will be confident and highly skilled practitioners equipped with the knowledge and abilities to face the challenges of our ever-evolving pharmacy practices. These pharmacists will have the opportunity to receive a teaching certificate through the Indiana Colleges of Pharmacy demonstrating their ability to educate other members of the health care team, patients and the community on drug-related issues. They will display professional maturity and cultural diversity by monitoring their own performance, establishing a personal philosophy of practice and demonstrating leadership and commitment to the pharmacy profession. Riverview Health is located between Butler University, Purdue University, and Manchester University Colleges of Pharmacy.
- Q: Is Riverview Health participating in any local or regional virtual residency showcases?
- A: At this time, we are not planning to participate in any of these events
- Q: Will Riverview Health be attending the ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting & Exhibition?
- A: Yes, please visit our booth (6212) during the afternoon session on Tuesday, Dec. 6 from 1 -4 p.m.
- We also will be participating in the Virtual event on Thursday, Dec 15
- Q: Is Riverview Health planning on conducting virtual or live/in-person interviews for the 2023-2024 residency year?
- A: At this time, we are planning on conducting virtual interviews only.
- Q: If I have questions about the PGY1 pharmacy residency program at Riverview Health, whom should I contact?
- A: Nikki Land, RPD (2022) at firstname.lastname@example.org, Apra Gupta, RPD (2023) at agupta@ riverview.org, Mason Accetturo, PGY1 resident at email@example.com, or Rachel Ramey, PGY1 resident at firstname.lastname@example.org.