The Riverview Health multi-factor authentication (MFA) solution is required for remote access to VMware Horizon virtual desktops and Microsoft Office 365. All @riverview.org users are required to enroll. Enrolling in MFA will also enroll you in the Riverview Health self-service password reset (SSPR) solution, which provides a secure way to reset your password without Help Desk assistance.
Requirements for MFA and SSPR
To enroll in both multi-factor authentication (MFA) and self-service password reset (SSPR), you must meet the following requirements:
- Have a @riverview.org account (username and password)
- Have two or more authentication methods under your individual control
- Microsoft Authenticator: a mobile app that prompts for you to approve or deny logon requests
- SMS text message: a text message containing a six-digit code is sent to your mobile phone
- Voice call: an automated phone call asks you to press * or # to approve or deny logon requests
- Email address: an email containing a six-digit code is sent to your email address
Enroll in MFA and SSPR
Enrolling in either multi-factor authentication (MFA) or self-service password reset (SSPR) will automatically enroll you in both.
MFA: Enroll in multi-factor authentication (click to open)
SSPR: Enroll in self-service password reset (click to open)
For detailed enrollment instructions (video and text), please see these resources.
MFA: Additional multi-factor authentication enrollment instructions (click to open)
SSPR: Additional self-service password enrollment instructions (click to open)
If you have questions regarding multi-factor authentication or self-service password reset, please contact the Information Systems Help Desk.
Open an online support ticket (click to open)
Call for support (click to open)
Email for support (click to open)