Riverview Health has a state-of-the-art laboratory that can perform several kinds of COVID-19 tests. We care about the health and safety of all of our patients, visitors and staff members. That's why we test surgery patients and every patient who is admitted into our hospitals––regardless of symptoms––so we can rule out COVID-19 or take appropriate precautions.
We offer convenient testing options you may seek out on your own:
COVID-19 IgG Antibody Test Options
About the Antibody Test (Abbott Architect; Beckman Coulter) – This is a blood draw that looks for your body’s defenses. After someone has COVID-19, they usually make antibody defenses so they won’t get sick again. The IgG antibody is made after getting sick. It usually takes 2-3 weeks to show up in the blood but can last for months. This is the kind of antibody we think helps give long-term immunity (defense) against getting COVID-19 again.
OPTION 1: $55 COVID-19 antibody test without a doctor's order
Not billed through insurance
- COVID-19 IgG antibody testing may be purchased for $55 on our website without a doctor's order. This test at this flat fee is only performed at our two hospitals––one in Noblesville and one in Westfield. Simply purchase the test online, and take your receipt to the outpatient lab at our hospital in Noblesville or Westfield during our labs' operating hours. Buy now >>
OPTION 2: COVID-19 IgG antibody test as part of an urgent care visit
Billed through insurance if applicable
- At our Riverview Health Emergency Room & Urgent Care locations in Carmel, Fishers and West Carmel/Zionsville, COVID-19 antibody testing is being performed only as part of an urgent care visit and will include an additional charge for the urgent care visit. Insurance will be billed. For specific questions, please call the location you plan to visit.
For additional information about these antibody tests, and for self-pay pricing as part of a provider's office visit, please view the information at the end of this page.
COVID-19 PCR Test Options
About the PCR Test (Hologic Panther; Aries)—This is a nose swab that can find the genes from COVID-19 and is the most accurate test to tell if someone has COVID-19.
OPTION FOR PATIENTS WITHOUT SYMPTOMS: $100 COVID-19 PCR Travel Screening
Limited to patients without symptoms and performed by appointment only and for travel screening purposes. No doctor's order required.
- This test is performed only by scheduled appointment at our hospital in Noblesville, and appointments are only available Monday-Friday. This test is only for asymptomatic patients––not for individuals who are ill or showing symptoms of COVID-19. If you are ill or showing symptoms, please contact your healthcare provider. After you purchase this test, please call 317.776.7247 to schedule. Buy now >>
OPTION FOR PATIENTS WITH OR WITHOUT SYMPTOMS: COVID-19 PCR test as part of an urgent care visit
Appointment only and billed through insurance if applicable
- At our Riverview Health Emergency Room & Urgent Care locations in Carmel, Fishers and West Carmel/Zionsville, COVID-19 PCR testing is being performed only as part of an urgent care visit and will include an additional charge for the urgent care visit. Insurance will be billed. For specific questions, please call the location you plan to visit. Appointments are required. To schedule an appointment online click here >>
Additional information about COVID-19 antibody tests:
- This test has not been FDA-cleared or approved. Because there are currently no FDA-approved or cleared IgG tests, the FDA has authorized certain tests under Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) if they meet specific criteria.
- We use the Abbott Architect test, which has been authorized by FDA under an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for use by authorized laboratories.
- This test has been authorized only for the detection of IgG antibodies against SARS-CoV-2, not for any other viruses or pathogens.
- This test is only authorized for the duration of the declaration that circumstances exist justifying the authorization of emergency use of in vitro diagnostic tests for detection and/or diagnosis of COVID-19 under Section 564(b)(1) of the Act, 21 U.S.C. § 360bbb-3(b)(1), unless the authorization is terminated or revoked sooner.
- This test is NOT a test for SARS-CoV-2 itself and is not represented to be safe or effective for the detection of SARS-CoV-2. No test is perfect, and false-positive and false-negative test results can occur.
- Fact sheets for the tests for IgG antibodies against SARS-CoV-2 can be found below.
To view fact sheets and additional information for any laboratory assay used for testing, visit our Laboratory Services webpage.
When you're seen by one of our providers at any of our locations and they determine a COVID-19 nasopharyngeal swab or COVID-19 antibody IgG blood test is needed, we will bill your health insurance. However, those who do not have health insurance (self-pay) will incur the following costs for tests:
- COVID-19 Swab CPT 87635––$50
- COVID-19 IGG Test CPT 86769––$50
- COVID-19 PCR High-throughput U0003––$100
- COVID-19 Antigen testing U0002––$51
- COVID-19 IgM86328––$50