Riverview Health has a state-of-the-art laboratory that can perform several kinds of COVID-19 tests. We care about the health and safety of all of our patients, visitors and staff members. That's why we test surgery patients and every patient who is admitted into our hospitals––regardless of symptoms––so we can rule out COVID-19 or take appropriate precautions. We offer convenient testing options you may seek out on your own.
COVID-19 PCR Test Options
About the PCR Test (Hologic Panther; Aries)—This is a nose swab that can find the genes from COVID-19 and is the most accurate test to tell if someone has COVID-19. According to the CDC, a person may have a positive PCR test showing viral material present for up to three months after contracting COVID-19, but they may not be infectious to others. This is important to remember if you’ve previously had a positive PCR test and have recovered from the virus. The PCR test does not distinguish between live/viable virus and dead/non-viable virus.
OPTIONS FOR PATIENTS WHO THINK THEY MAY HAVE COVID-19 OR WHO HAVE HAD AN EXPOSURE: COVID-19 PCR TEST
Appointment only and billed through insurance if applicable
- OPTION 1––Riverview Health COVID-19 Test Clinic: Located in a building on the Noblesville hospital main campus (493 Westfield Road Suite B, Noblesville, IN 46060), patients with or without symptoms may schedule an appointment online to receive a COVID-19 PCR test. Those who need to be tested before returning to their jobs may also schedule here. Insurance will be billed. When you arrive for your appointment, please call 317.770.2689. Schedule an appointment >>
- OPTION 2––Riverview Health Emergency Room & Urgent Care locations: In Carmel, Fishers and West Carmel/Zionsville, COVID-19 PCR testing is being performed only as part of an urgent care visit and will include an additional charge for the urgent care visit. Insurance will be billed. For specific questions, please call the location you plan to visit. Appointments are required. Schedule an appointment >>
OPTION FOR PATIENTS WITHOUT SYMPTOMS: $100 COVID-19 PCR Travel Screening
Limited to patients without symptoms and performed by appointment only for travel screening purposes. No doctor's order required. Insurance is not billed.
- This test is performed only by scheduled appointment at our hospital in Noblesville, and appointments are only available Monday-Friday. This test is only for asymptomatic patients––not for individuals who are ill or showing symptoms of COVID-19. If you are ill or showing symptoms, please contact your healthcare provider. After you purchase this test, please call 317.776.7247 to schedule. Buy now >>
COVID-19 IgG Antibody Test Options
About the Antibody Test (Abbott Architect; Beckman Coulter) – This is a blood draw that looks for your body’s defenses. After someone has COVID-19, they usually make antibody defenses so they won’t get sick again. The IgG antibody is made after getting sick. It usually takes 2-3 weeks to show up in the blood but can last for months. This is the kind of antibody we think helps give long-term immunity (defense) against getting COVID-19 again.
OPTION 1––$55 COVID-19 antibody test without a doctor's order
Not billed through insurance.
- COVID-19 IgG antibody testing may be purchased for $55 on our website without a doctor's order. This test at this flat fee is only performed at our two hospitals––one in Noblesville and one in Westfield. Simply purchase the test online, and take your receipt to the outpatient lab at our hospital in Noblesville or Westfield during our labs' operating hours. Buy now >>
OPTION 2––COVID-19 IgG antibody test as part of an urgent care visit
Billed through insurance if applicable.
- At our Riverview Health Emergency Room & Urgent Care locations in Carmel, Fishers and West Carmel/Zionsville, COVID-19 antibody testing is being performed only as part of a walk-in urgent care visit and will include an additional charge for the urgent care visit. No appointment needed. Insurance will be billed. For specific questions, please call the location you plan to visit.
Additional information about COVID-19 antibody tests:
- This test has not been FDA-cleared or approved. Because there are currently no FDA-approved or cleared IgG tests, the FDA has authorized certain tests under Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) if they meet specific criteria.
- We use the Abbott Architect test, which has been authorized by FDA under an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for use by authorized laboratories.
- This test has been authorized only for the detection of IgG antibodies against SARS-CoV-2, not for any other viruses or pathogens.
- This test is only authorized for the duration of the declaration that circumstances exist justifying the authorization of emergency use of in vitro diagnostic tests for detection and/or diagnosis of COVID-19 under Section 564(b)(1) of the Act, 21 U.S.C. § 360bbb-3(b)(1), unless the authorization is terminated or revoked sooner.
- This test is NOT a test for SARS-CoV-2 itself and is not represented to be safe or effective for the detection of SARS-CoV-2. No test is perfect, and false-positive and false-negative test results can occur.
- Fact sheets for the tests for IgG antibodies against SARS-CoV-2 can be found below.
To view fact sheets and additional information for any laboratory assay used for testing, visit our Laboratory Services webpage.
When you're seen by one of our providers at any of our locations and they determine a COVID-19 nasopharyngeal swab or COVID-19 antibody IgG blood test is needed, we will bill your health insurance. However, those who do not have health insurance (self-pay) will incur the following costs for tests:
- COVID-19 Swab CPT 87635––$50
- COVID-19 IGG Test CPT 86769––$50
- COVID-19 PCR High-throughput U0003––$100
- COVID-19 Antigen testing U0002––$51
- COVID-19 IgM86328––$50