The patient (or when appropriate the patient’s representative, as allowed under State law) has the right to:
As a patient, you have the responsibility:
- To wear an identification armband at all times.
- To provide complete and accurate information about your health.
- To report effects of the treatment you receive while a patient on the patient care unit.
- To report pain accurately to your care provider.
- To participate in the development of your treatment plan.
- To attend therapy sessions and participate in activities prescribed by your care provider.
- To be considerate of the rights of other patients.
Complaints or grievances
Our goal is to deliver excellent healthcare to our patients. To discuss concerns about any aspect of your care, treatment or stay while in the hospital, you are encouraged to speak to the Department Manager or Nursing Supervisor, or call Organizational Improvement Department at 317.776.7230 or the Indiana State Department of Health toll-free at 800.246.8909.